Before You Go!
Mandatory Face Masks
For the safety and well-being of our passengers and employees, and aligning with the Government of Alberta’s requirements for public transit and motorcoaches, we require all travelling passengers to wear a face mask covering their nose and mouth while onboard. Face masks are also required in offices and during check-in. If you do not not have your own face mask, they are available for purchase in our ticket offices.
Red Arrow Seating
Please note that Red Arrow offers both Single and Double seating configurations. Single seats are available at an addition 10% of the cost of your fare. Should you wish to guarantee an empty seat next to you in the double row, you may purchase one for an additional $25. These seats may be reserved by phone at 1-800-232-1958.
Passengers are recommended to arrive 20 minutes prior to departure. Coaches will not wait for late passengers. Passengers who need to purchase a ticket must arrive at least 20 minutes prior to departure.
Passengers arriving less than 15 minutes before departure may not be able to purchase a ticket.
Travel Tip: Check out our destinations page to see the exact location of our stops and the amenities available at each location.
We require all passengers over the age of 18 to travel with Government Issued photo I.D. or two (2) pieces of valid government-issued non-photo identification with matching names. Passengers without the correct forms of I.D. will be refused travel.
Valid Forms of Government photo I.D. are:
- Driver’s Licence – Provincial or Territorial
- Provincial or Territorial I.D. Card
- Canadian Armed Forces I.D.
- Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Residence Card
- Secure Certificate of Indian Status Card
- Corrections I.D. Card
- Federal Police I.D. Card (RCMP)
- City Police I.D. Card
We will accept either photos or photocopies of any Government Issued Photo I.D.
Valid Forms of Government non-photo I.D. are:
- Provincial or Territorial Health Care Cards
- Birth Certificates
- Social Insurance Card
- Old Age Security Card (OAS)
- Release notices from correction facilities will be accepted
We will not accept photos or photocopies of Government Issued Non-Photo I.D.
If you are eligible for one of our savings programs such as Student rate, Senior’s rate, or AMA, please also have the appropriate ID available.
Passengers travelling on Red Arrow are allowed three (3) pieces of luggage included in fare, this includes carry-on items (1 max). The maximum number of extra bags allowed on Red Arrow is three (3) for a total of six (6). Extra bags are charged at $15 per item.
Weight Restrictions for Luggage
For any piece of luggage over 60 lbs., the driver may ask the passenger to load and unload their luggage at the pick-up and drop-off points. The passenger must be capable of loading the luggage.
Passengers travelling on Red Arrow are permitted one (1) carry-on only. Carry-on items must be able to fit in the overhead bin.
Dimensions of Overhead Bins: 60” wide, 10” deep, 8¾” high angling to 7½” high at the back.
• Carry-on items considered include personal items such as; briefcases, laptop bags, purses, small back packs, diaper bags etc.
• Carry-on items must be kept in overhead bins
• Carry-on items cannot be stored on empty seats as it could be a safety issue
• The aisle must be kept clear of carry-on items, including shoulder straps.
• Alcohol is not permitted onboard under any circumstances.
• The following items should always be packed in your carry-on to limit the possibility of loss or damage: laptop computers, car and house keys, medication, cash, high value items such as; cameras, jewelry, and electronic devices.
Protection of Luggage
• In an effort to protect all luggage stored under the coach, items should be packed or covered in such a way as to not be damaged during transit or not to damage other luggage. It is important that items of a breakable nature (TV’s) or those that contain pointy (ski poles) or greasy (bike chains) parts are secured by a box, suitable covering, or plastic wrap/bags.
• Red Arrow reserves the right to refuse any baggage that is not packaged securely. All items must be in a suitable container that is not at risk of being damaged or causing damage. Acceptable baggage includes things like suitcases, duffel bags, toolboxes, trunks, backpacks, storage containers, and securely taped cardboard boxes. Whether or not luggage is determined to be secure for transportation is at the discretion of the Red Arrow staff in order to ensure the safe transportation of all items.
• To avoid luggage mix ups, it is recommended that you place a visible identifier on your stored luggage including a luggage tag with your name, address and phone number. Red arrow is not responsible for a passenger picking up the wrong piece of luggage.
• It is your responsibility to ensure your checked luggage is placed in the correct compartment prior to departure as well, it is your responsibility to remove all personal items brought on to the coach, Red Arrow will not be responsible for items left behind on the coach or luggage issues as a result of a change in your arrival point.
• Please ensure you clearly advise the representative loading your luggage of your arrival point, to ensure your luggage is placed into the appropriate compartment.
• Maximum baggage liability is $350.00.
• Red Arrow will not be responsible for the loss of or damage to, checked luggage in excess of stated maximum liability.
• Red Arrow does not accept liability for loss of or damage to unchecked baggage carried on board, or items that do not comply with our policies stated above.
• Any damage must be reported to Red Arrow within 24 hours or claim may be refused.
• Lost & Found items found on board our coaches or in one of our offices will be kept for a period of 30 days before being disposed of.
• Red Arrow does not allow for overnight storage of luggage in any of our locations. Luggage that has been left behind and deemed by staff to be purposely abandoned will be disposed of after 96 hours without contact from owner, or 7 days with contact.
• Items that have been left at one of our secondary locations will be sent to the nearest main ticket office.
Changing your Reservation
All changes and cancellations must be done by phone at 1-800-232-1958.
Red Arrow reservations may be changed up to 24 hours prior to departure without penalty. Changes made within 24 hours prior to departure must pay a $25 change fee. If a passenger does not show up for their reservation, the fare will be forfeited, and a new fare must be purchased.
Cancelling your Reservation
All changes and cancellations must be done by phone at 1-800-232-1958.
Red Arrow bookings can be cancelled up to 24 hours before the trip is scheduled to depart with a full refund. If you wish to cancel a reservation within 24 hours, it will result in the full fare being forfeited and a new fare must be purchased. (changes are allowed, as per Change Policy below)
Please note that bookings from remote locations (Namao, Gibbons, Radway, Boyle, Grassland, Wandering River) require 24-hour notice prior to the coach departing the originating location (ie. Edmonton or Fort McMurray).
Refunds: Credit card refunds can be processed in person or over the phone. Please note that refunds of cash or debit card must be collected in person in a Red Arrow Ticket Office within ten (10) days of requested refund.
Red Arrow has a goal of making travel accessible to everyone.
Wheelchairs, Scooters, Mobility Aids
Red Arrow Motorcoaches are accessible for passengers who require mobility aids. If a wheelchair lift is required, reservations must be made by calling our toll-free line (1-800-232-1958) 24 hours before departure. Any changes or cancellations must be made at least 24 hours before departure. Please visit the accessibility page for more information.
Passengers with wheelchairs are asked to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to departure.
Travelling with Children
We welcome children of all ages on Red Arrow.
- Children under Two (2) Years of age travel for free if on the adult’s lap.
- Children 2-12 years of age travel at the Child’s rate when accompanied by an adult. See below for our Unaccompanied Minor Program.
- Children age 13-17 may travel alone and travel at our Youth fare
- University Students with valid Student ID receive a Student fare (must create an account and have your Student ID card entered in your traveller profile)
Unaccompanied Minors Program
Unaccompanied children (UAC) between the ages of six (6) and twelve (12) are permitted to travel on Red Arrow through our Unaccompanied Child Program with identification, proper documentation and designated Parent/Guardians picking up and dropping off the UAC. For added security, unaccompanied children are only able to board/disembark at our Downtown Ticket offices in major cities of Lethbridge, Calgary, Red Deer, Edmonton, and Fort McMurray. Please call 1-800-232-1958 to book unaccompanied children.
Zero Tolerance Intoxication Policy
Red Arrow has a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to intoxication. Passengers showing visible signs of intoxication are subject to removal from the coach. No open alcohol or drugs are permitted aboard the coach. Should passengers be caught with open alcohol on board, they will be required to leave the coach immediately, without refund, and will be banned from future travel with Red Arrow.
Passengers who require the assistance of another person to travel may bring an Attendant. The Attendant’s responsibility is to ensure that they are there to help the passenger they are travelling with, and to assist the driver with that passenger in an emergency situation.
An Attendant must be fit to take care of another passenger and must meet certain criteria before they are allowed to present themselves as an Attendant. Reservations for attendants can be made by:
– filling out the attendant form here
– email the form in
– Then call our toll-free line (1-800-232-1958) to complete the reservation
Reservations must be made at least 24 hours before departure to complete the reservation. Any changes or cancellations must be made at least 24 hours before departure.
Please note that Red Arrow does not allow pets on board. We do allow Service Animals and Emotional Support Animals with proper documentation.
Service Animals are permitted on Red Arrow coaches with proper documentation.
Emotional Support Animals
Emotional Support Animals are permitted on Red Arrow coaches with proper documentation. Please click here for more information and to fill out a request form.
To view all current travel advisories in place, please click here.