Before You Go!
Red Arrow Seating
Please note that Red Arrow offers both Single and Double seating configurations. Single row seating costs an additional 10% on top of our regular fare.
Checking In Before You Go
We recommend passengers arrive 20 minutes prior to departure. Coaches cannot wait for late passengers. Arriving less than 15 minutes before departure, you cannot purchase a ticket.
Travel Tip: Check out our destinations page to see the exact location of our stops and the amenities available at each location.
Effective June 16, 2022 face masks are no longer mandatory for passengers or drivers onboard our coaches. This policy is in alignment with the Provincial legislation that has removed the measure on public transit and intercity buses. We support a mask-friendly environment and ask that everyone be respectful of others, whether they choose to wear a mask or not.
We require all passengers over the age of 18 to travel with Government Issued Photo I.D.
Two (2) pieces of valid government-issued non-photo identification with matching names. Passengers without the correct forms of I.D. will result in refusal of travel.
Valid Forms of Government photo I.D. are:
- Driver’s Licence – Provincial or Territorial
- Provincial or Territorial I.D. Card
- Canadian Armed Forces I.D.
- Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Residence Card
- Secure Certificate of Indian Status Card
- Corrections I.D. Card
- Federal Police I.D. Card (RCMP)
- City Police I.D. Card
We accept either photos or photocopies of any Government Issued Photo I.D.
Valid Forms of Government non-photo I.D. are:
- Provincial or Territorial Health Care Cards
- Birth Certificates
- Social Insurance Card
- Old Age Security Card (OAS)
- We do not accept Release Notices from correction facilities
We do not accept photos or photocopies of Government Issued Non-Photo I.D.
For one of our savings programs such as Student rate, Senior’s rate, or AMA, please also have your appropriate ID available.
Travelling on Red Arrow, we include up to three (3) pieces of luggage in the fare, this includes carry-on items (1 max). The maximum number of extra bags we allow on Red Arrow is three (3) for a total of six (6). Extra bags are $15/bag. Bicycles may be put underneath for $21, and must be properly boxed or wrapped to avoid being damaged or causing damage.
Weight Restrictions for Luggage
For any piece of luggage over 60 lbs., the driver may ask the passenger to load and unload their luggage at the pick-up and drop-off points. The passenger must be capable of loading the luggage.
Passengers travelling on Red Arrow are permitted one (1) carry-on only. Carry-on items must be able to fit in the overhead bin.
Dimensions of Overhead Bins: 60” wide, 10” deep, 8¾” high angling to 7½” high at the back.
- Carry-on items considered include personal items such as; briefcases, laptop bags, purses, small backpacks, diaper bags etc.
- Carry-on must be kept in overhead bins
- Carry-on items cannot be stored on empty seats as it could be a safety issue
- The aisle must be kept clear of carry-on items, including shoulder straps.
- We do not allow alcohol onboard under any circumstances.
- The following items you should always pack in your carry-on to limit the possibility of loss or damage: laptop computers, car and house keys, medication, cash, high-value items such as; cameras, jewelry, and electronic devices.
Protection of Luggage
- In an effort to protect all luggage stored under the coach, pack your items and or cover them in such a way as to not damage during transit or not to damage other luggage. It is important that items of a breakable nature (TV’s) or those that contain pointy (ski poles) or greasy (bike chains) parts are secured by a box, suitable covering, or plastic wrap/bags.
- Red Arrow reserves the right to refuse improper and unsecured baggage. All items must be in a suitable container that is not at risk of being damaged or causing damage. Acceptable baggage includes things like suitcases, duffel bags, toolboxes, trunks, backpacks, storage containers, and securely taped cardboard boxes. Whether or not luggage is determined to be secure for transportation is at the discretion of the Red Arrow staff in order to ensure the safe transportation of all items.
- To avoid luggage mix-ups, we recommend that you place a visible identifier on your stored luggage including a luggage tag with your name, address and phone number. Red Arrow is not responsible for a passenger picking up the wrong piece of luggage.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your checked luggage is put in the correct compartment prior to departure as well, it is your responsibility to remove all personal items brought on to the coach, Red Arrow will not be responsible for items left behind on the coach or luggage issues as a result of a change in your arrival point.
- Please ensure you clearly advise the representative loading the luggage of your arrival point, to ensure your luggage is in the appropriate compartment.
- Damaged/Lost/Abandoned Luggage
- Maximum baggage liability is $350.00.
- Red Arrow is not responsible for the loss of, or damage to checked, luggage in excess of stated maximum liability.
- Red Arrow does not accept liability for loss of, or damage to, unchecked baggage carried on board, or items that do not comply with our policies stated above.
- Please report any damage to Red Arrow within 24 hours or the claim may be refused.
- Lost & Found items found onboard our coaches or in one of our offices will be kept for a period of 30 days before being disposed of.
- Red Arrow does not allow for overnight storage of luggage in any of our locations. Luggage that has been left behind and deemed by staff to be purposely abandoned will be disposed of after 96 hours without contact from the owner, or 7 days with contact.
- Items that have been left at one of our secondary locations will be sent to the nearest main ticket office.
- Ammunition, and Bear Spray are not allowed on board any of our coaches or in our luggage storage area. Guns may be placed in our luggage bin only if they are in a locked container.
Changing your Reservation Before you Go
All changes and cancellations must be done by phone at 1-800-232-1958.
Passengers can change Red Arrow reservations up to 24 hours prior to departure without penalty. Changes made within 24 hours prior to departure must pay a $25 change fee. If a passenger does not show up for their reservation, the fare is forfeit, and you must purchase a new fare.
Cancelling your Reservation
All changes and cancellations must be done by phone at 1-800-232-1958.
Cancel your Red Arrow bookings up to 24 hours before the trip is scheduled to depart with a full refund. If you wish to cancel a reservation within 24 hours, it will result in the full fare being forfeited and a new fare must be purchased. (changes are allowed, as per Change Policy below)
Please Note: Bookings from remote locations (Namao, Gibbons, Radway, Boyle, Grassland, Wandering River) require 24-hour notice prior to the coach departing the originating location (ie. Edmonton or Fort McMurray).
Refunds: Credit card refunds can be processed in person or over the phone. Please note that refunds of cash or debit card must be collected in person in a Red Arrow Ticket Office within ten (10) days of the requested refund.
Red Arrow tickets that have been upgraded from an Ebus ticket are non-refundable as the original ticket was non-refundable
Red Arrow has the goal of making travel accessible to everyone.
Wheelchairs, Scooters, Mobility Aids
Red Arrow Motorcoaches are accessible for passengers who require mobility aids. For requirement wheelchair, call our toll-free line (1-800-232-1958) to reserve 24 hours before departure. Any changes or cancellations must be made at least 24 hours before departure. Please visit the accessibility page for more information.
Passengers with wheelchairs are asked to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to departure.
Travelling with Children
We welcome children of all ages on Red Arrow.
- Children under Two (2) Years of age travel for free if on the adult’s lap.
- Children 2-12 years of age travel at the Child’s rate when accompanied by an adult. See below for our Unaccompanied Minor Program.
- Children age 13-17 may travel alone and travel at our Youth fare
- University Students with valid Student ID receive a Student fare (must create an account and have your Student ID card entered in your traveller profile)
Unaccompanied Minors Program
Unaccompanied children (UAC) between the ages of six (6) and twelve (12) are permitted to travel on Red Arrow through our Unaccompanied Child Program with identification, proper documentation and designated Parent/Guardians picking up and dropping off the UAC. For added security, unaccompanied children are only able to board/disembark at our Downtown Ticket offices in major cities of Lethbridge, Calgary, Red Deer, Edmonton, and Fort McMurray. Please call 1-800-232-1958 to book unaccompanied children.
Zero Tolerance Intoxication Policy
Red Arrow has a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to intoxication. Showing visible signs of intoxication is subject to removal from the coach. No open alcohol or drugs are permitted aboard the coach. Should passengers be caught with open alcohol on board, they will be required to leave the coach immediately, without refund, and will be banned from future travel with Red Arrow.
Passengers who require the assistance of another person to travel may bring an Attendant. The Attendant’s responsibility is to ensure that they are there to help the passenger they are travelling with and to assist the driver with that passenger in an emergency situation.
An Attendant must be fit to take care of another passenger and must meet certain criteria before they are allowed to present themselves as an Attendant. Reservations for attendants can be made by:
– Fill out the attendant form here
– Email the form in
– Then call our toll-free line (1-800-232-1958) to complete the reservation
Reservations must be made at least 24 hours before departure to complete the reservation. Any changes or cancellations must be made at least 24 hours before departure.
Service Animals are permitted on Red Arrow coaches. Tickets with a Service Animal must be booked with us by phone, 1-800-232-1958.
Please note that Red Arrow does not allow pets on board.
Emotional Support Animals
Effective December 1st, 2022, we will no longer be accepting Emotional Support Animals as companions onboard our coaches. Certified service animals assisting a person with a disability will continue to be accepted for travel with the proper process followed.
Temporary Fuel Surcharge
Temporary Fuel Surcharge
In response to fuel prices across Alberta and British Columbia, we have instituted a temporary fuel surcharge, which is currently $3.60. This applies for each individual trip, and therefore may be added on transfers.
Travel Advisories – Before You Go
Be sure to view all current travel advisories in place before you go, and confirm your travel plans, please click here.